I am proud to partner with Abbott to share this delicious summer recipe!Jump to Recipe
Fresh summer fruits have you wanting lighter breakfasts and desserts? Do you have a hankering for cool and refreshing, quick and easy? Me too! If you are feeling the same then you’ll love my patriotic protein parfait!
It’s as simple as chopping strawberries, rinsing your blueberries, mixing your yogurt of choice with a sprinkling of protein powder, Zone Perfect’s Carb Wise Fruity Cereal is my favorite right now, and then layering! As a fitness instructor as well as a runner, adding extra protein is essential for making sure I have the energy I need to HIIT that workout! LOL! Pun intended!
Now the hard part, which yummy protein bar for the crunchy layer are you going to use? Really, there are so many to choose from. Are you thinking a little bite of lemon or are you reaching for the chocolate? Either way, you can’t go wrong with any of the Zone Perfect choices, including their Keto-friendly version, when you start to build your patriotic protein parfait.
Ready to Make Your Patriotic Protein Parfait?
Are you ready? I used my favorite old-fashioned soda fountain glasses. Add a layer at a time. It doesn’t really matter which way you start. The idea is to just get that good Red, White and Blue. Add an extra layer of your protein packed yogurt over the top and sprinkle on a bit of those berries for good measure and have fun with the decorations.
A flag? A red, white or blue spoon? Whatever you want to add for a little more flare is up to you. I really just wanted to dig in with my spoon! A bit of summer fresh with extra protein is the perfect start to my day!
Want another idea? You can also blend your patriotic protein parfait and make it a to-go smoothie instead! Mix it up!
Patriotic Protein Parfait
- 32 oz yogurt of choice
- 2-3 scoops protein powder Zone Perfect Carb Wise Fruity Cereal
- 1-2 cups fresh blueberries rinsed
- 1-2 cups fresh strawberries rinsed and diced
- 2-3 protein bars Zone Perfect Macros Lemon Pound Cake
- Prepare the strawberries and blueberries as directed, keeping in separate bowls.
- Mix protein powder into yogurt until blended.
- Chop your protein bars in half and then in pieces.
- Create your parfait by layering one item at a time.
- When you reach the top, add a single layer of protein-enhanced yogurt.
- Garnish how you like with remaining ingredients.
- Serve and enjoy!
Looking for more refreshing summer ideas? Hit the Recipes tab and scroll! I can’t wait for blackberry season for my Berry Caprese Appetizers! What’s your favorite summer flavor?