Ok, I know what you are thinking….but hear me out! I was totally skeptical at first. Seriously, I thought what are they thinking making sweet hummus? What would I use it for?
I’m talking about Delighted By Desserts….they make all sorts of yummy dessert hummus that I can pick up at the local Target. Snickerdoodle, Brownie Batter, Vanilla Bean, and several others I don’t get locally. This year they came out with a Pumpkin Pie flavor. Yum! I just had to try it!
I know, you are wondering if I can buy it and it’s delicious, why make it? Because I wanted to give it a try and I wanted a healthier version. Then I wanted to take it one step further and use the Triple Ginger Cookie Thins that Dewey’s makes. You’ll remember the lemon version from my recipes Lemon Berry Tart and Fresh Fruit Dessert Pizza.
For the mini-tarts, you’ll just need three ingredients. Ginger-flavored cookies, sugar and butter. Crush the cookies in your food processor or by placing in a gallon-sized ziploc bag and rolling with a rolling pin. Now add the sugar and the butter until blended. Next, press into your mini-muffin/tart pan. To make things a bit easier, I use the end of my juicer to help shape and press into my tart pan. Bake, cool slightly and then pop them out before cooling completely and set aside.
While those are cooling, make your pumpkin pie hummus. It’s really quit simple. Just toss all of the ingredients into your food processor and hit the button. Let it do it’s thing until you have the right consistency. NOTE: I used my favorite filler, collagen powder, to thicken it slightly since I would be piping it into my mini-tarts later.
Want more ideas for your pumpkin pie hummus? Use it for apple dippers, graham crackers or use it as a frosting on a cake! There’s nothing holding you back and I won’t tell its hummus if you don’t….
Now, you just fill, garnish and refrigerate until serving! Easy-peasy!
Pumpkin Pie Hummus Mini-Tarts
Triple Ginger Mini-Tart Shells
- 2 cups crushed ginger cookies Deweys Bakery
- ½ cup sugar
- 6 tbsp butter melted
Pumpkin Pie Hummus
- 1 (15oz.) can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup cashew butter or alternative
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1⅓ tsp vanilla extract
Triple Ginger Mini-Tarts
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Crush ginger cookies in food processor until pulverized. Add into medium sized bowl.
- Mix in sugar and butter until blended.
- Add heaping tablespoons of mixture into each mini-tart section. Using fingers or other tool, press into bottom and sides.
- Bake 12 minutes and remove from oven. Allow to cool for 3-5 minutes until mini-tarts have set and can be removed without breaking. Set aside to cool completely. If you allow the tarts to cool completely in the tin, turn over the tin and tap on each mini-tart until they pop out.
Pumpkin Pie Hummus
- Place all the ingredients into your food processor or blender. Blend until completely smooth. I blended mine in two batches due to the size of my processor.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Remove and add into piping bag with a large tip inserted and pipe into your mini-tart shells. Or simply use a plastic baggy and cut off the end to "pipe".
- Note: You can make the hummus in advance, coverd and stored in the refrigerator.
- You can also use the hummus as a dipper! Win-Win!
- Garnish as you wish. A spritz of whipped cream or a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice goes perfect!
Coming Soon…..all things Fall!